- Instructor in Optometric Science (in Ophthalmology) at the Columbia University Medical Center
Suzanne Walter Sherman, O.D., F.A.A.O is Instructor in Optometric Science (in Ophthalmology) at Columbia University Medical Center. She specializes in complex and medically necessary contact lens fittings and ocular disease.
Dr. Sherman received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan with a degree in Brain, Behavior and Cognitive Science. Dr. Sherman graduated from SUNY College of Optometry where elected to the Beta Sigma Kappa International Optometric Honors Society. She completed her residency in Ocular Disease and Primary Care at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center.
She is board certified in the American Board of Optometry and National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO). Dr. Sherman is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
Dr. Sherman is also dedicated to research and has contributed in peer-reviewed scientific articles in publications such as the American Academy of Optometry and lectured on the topic of Scleral Lenses.
Areas of Expertise
- Contact Lens/Glasses Fitting
- RGP/Hybrid/Scleral Contact Lenses
- Primary Care and Ocular Disease
- Corneal Irregularities
- OD, State University of New York College of Optometry
- Residency: Bronx - Lebanon Hospital
Education & Training
CUMC/Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute635 West 165th Street
New York, NY 10032
ColumbiaDoctors Third Avenue Office880 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Manhattan - 15 West 65th Street Office15 West 65th Street
New York, NY 10023
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, HMO, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9535