- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC
Lisa Park is an accomplished cataract surgeon with a flourishing practice in Manhattan. She was the Associate Director of Residency Training at NYU for 11 years, where she has taught and mentored over 70 residents who are in practice around the country and pioneered the use of virtual surgery simulation in residency training.
Dr. Park was also Chief of Ophthalmology at Bellevue Hospital for 11 years, and her leadership made it possible to provide a high level of service in many ophthalmology subspecialties within the city hospital system. For her efforts, she was selected as “Doctor of the Year” in 2007.
Dr. Park has also pursued her passion for teaching cataract surgery outside the U.S. by being a telemedicine mentor through ORBIS International and a volunteer surgeon with the Hospital de La Familia Foundation in Guatemala. She serves now on the International Foundation of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and on the board of Vision Care USA, dedicated to teaching modern surgical techniques in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Dr. Park received her undergraduate degree from Harvard College and her medical degree from Yale School of Medicine. Following completion of a transitional internship at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, she completed her ophthalmology residency at NYU and a fellowship in cataract and refractive surgery at the Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital. She is married to Daniel Lee, a machine learning scientist at the University of Pennyslvania, and has two teenagers who keep her on her toes at home. She is delighted to join the faculty at Columbia University Medical Center and looks forward to bringing comprehensive ophthalmology to 51W51 St.
Areas of Expertise
- Laser Surgery
- Fixated Intraocular Implantation
- Cataract Surgery
- Complex Anterior Segment Surgery
- Secondary Iol Implantation
- Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internship: Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Residency: Manhattan Eye, Ear, & Throat Hospital
- Residency: New York University Langone Medical Center
Education & Training
ColumbiaDoctors Third Avenue Office880 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-9535
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Affinity [Access (Exchange), Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Traditional Medicare (NY)]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9535
Honors & Awards
2015-2017 Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors
2010 American Academy of Ophthalmolog Lifelong Education for the Ophthalmologist Recognition Award
2010 Americal Medical Association Physician's Recognition Award
2008 Health and Hospitals Corporation Award: Doctor of the Year, Bellevue Hospital Center
2007 Schossman Memorial Award: Surgical Teacher of te Year, NYU Dept. of Ophthalmology